As an Infrastructure Operations Engineer (m/f/d), you will be taking care of the Spryker cloud by supporting, monitoring, and administering it. You will join our Cloud Operations team.
Your main tasks would be directly supporting the users, administering production and testing environments (residing in AWS), and taking care of the resources (public & private) for all environments (residing in AWS and/or Azure).
- Configure, test, deploy, and upgrade software for production in AWS
- Control EC2 instance lifecycle and other AWS resources using Infrastructure-as-Code tools (e.g. Terraform)
- Respond to monitoring alerts and incidents
- Ensure security through access controls, firewalls, VPNs, and audit logging
- Author and recommend settings to improve performance, security, and reliability (for applications, operating systems, networks, and cloud services)
- Participate in design, implementation, and execution of backup and disaster recovery plan for infrastructure solutions
- Set up and manage user accounts, login restrictions, and PaaS-based application permissions
- Contribute to internal technical documentation, manuals, and IT policies
- Document problem status and resolution
- Develop plans and perform routine maintenance tasks for infrastructure systems (e.g. patch management, application hotfixes)
- Generate Vulnerability Management & Resolution reports
- Develop expertise to train staff on new technologies
- Adapting to on-call and/or shifted working schedule
- Excellent communicator with a problem-solving mindset
- Always accurate and attentive to details
- Ex: System Administrator, Network Administrator, or similar
- Experience with key cloud platforms/providers (Amazon Web Service, GCP, and Azure) - AWS highly preferred
- Solid working knowledge of Linux and OS/X (Windows is a plus)
- Ability to create scripts in modern languages like Python/PHP etc.
- Understanding of TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, NAT, routing, and related networking protocols, technologies, and security-related protocols (SSH, HTTPS, IPsec, etc.)
- Experience using source control/repositories (Git, GitHub) and workflow tools (e.g. JIRA, Confluence, Slack, TeamCity, etc.)
- 24×7 production operations experience, preferably supporting a highly available environment for a SaaS/PaaS or cloud service provider
- Understanding of AWS security concepts including VPC, VPN, EC2, CodePipeline, IAM, and others to protect data-at-rest and in-transit via encryption is highly desirable
Will be a plus:
- HashiCorp’s Terraform experience
- Working knowledge of containers (Docker, Kubernetes, ECS/ECR, etc)
- Experience with passive (e.g. compliance audits) and active evaluations (e.g. vulnerability assessments)
Spryker enables companies to become digital pioneers in B2B, Unified Commerce, B2C, and marketplaces. The innovative platform-as-a-service solution with over 50 API-based packaged business capabilities (PBC) is cloud-native, and its flexibility makes it attractive for companies and developers.
The Spryker Cloud Commerce OS has empowered 150+ companies to manage transactions worldwide. It is trusted by brands such as Toyota, Hilti, Lekkerland, Hero, Rose Bikes, and Prym.
Our modern offices are located in the digital metropolises of Berlin and Hamburg and other locations such as Amsterdam and New York. We are taking new markets by storm!
The international Spryker team is constantly working with new, exciting customers, technologies, innovative approaches and is looking for talented people who want to revolutionize the digital commerce world with us.
If you are interested in this offer, please send your resume to e-mail: email@example.com